These savoury breakfast muffins are so perfect in so many ways. First and foremost, they are incredibly easy. Secondly, they are so useful to make at the beginning of the week – breakfast for the entire week sorted!
They are also a great weekend breakfast or handy when cereal just isn’t hitting the spot anymore.
I like to make a batch of these breakfast muffins on a Sunday night and individually package them up for the rest of the week. They are ridiculously easy to make and so satisfying.
Makes 12 muffins
- 8-10 chicken eggs;
- 1 cup cooked bacon;
- ½ cup tasty cheddar cheese;
- ¼ cup fresh spinach, chopped;
- ¼ any other fillings you prefer*
- White pepper & table salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C (fan forced) and grease a 12-cup muffin tray by brushing with melted butter or spraying with non-stick oil spray.
- Dice the bacon and cook in a separate pan, season well with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Chop the rest of your chosen fillings.
- Use a ladle to distribute the whisked eggs to just over half way in each cup of the muffin tray.
- Then add as much or as little of each filling you choose to each cup (try to spread your fillings out evenly).
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the mixture has risen and is springy to the touch.
Your breakfast muffins will last for around six days in an airtight container when refrigerated (if they make it that long without being eaten!)
* This recipe is great because you can add just about anything you want to your muffins. Some good substitutes are red capsicums, mushrooms, parsley, onion, ham, cherry tomatoes.