Serves salad for 2 – 3 people (you can always double the measurements to make more ahead of time)
One of my favourite salad dressings is a Chinese style peanut dressing originally from a Chinese shredded chicken salad, but I’ve found it works great with basically anything you like (especially recipes with chicken). Its also embarrassingly easy:
All you need to do is mix the following together:
- 2-3 generous tablespoons of peanut butter (Craft crunchy is best)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha (you can add another teaspoon if you like it spicy)
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey (Vegans can replace with maple syrup)
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon golden mountain or Maggi seasoning sauce
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons water (less or more depending on the consistency you prefer)
Stir all the ingredients together in a mixing cup and add more or less water to achieve the consistency you want.
If I use this in a salad with chicken, I always like to add some crunchy noodles on top as well that really seem to add a nice texture that compliments that slightly sweet, slightly tangy and very luxurious peanut salad dressing.
Keep it in the fridge in an air tight container for 3 – 5 days!